Covid-19 protection measures at Megaron
Megaron, the Athens Concert Hall, prioritises the safety of its audience and its personnel, and applies all the official precautionary measures against the spread of Covid-19 in all areas.
Specifically, for events held at Megaron, the following measures are in place:
- The maximum number of available seats has been reduced to 85% of capacity with a vacant seat between parties who have not booked a ticket together.
- Ticket purchase and checking is strictly contactless.
- The maximum number of tickets purchased per show per person is 4, seated in pairs.
- The audience is requested to be at the venue at least an hour before the beginning of the performance, and to follow the instructions given by Megaron staff to exit the venue and to maintain social distancing.
- To enter the venue, for people over 12 years old it is mandatory that you present a Covid-19 vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate (issued 30 days after the first positive test and valid until 180 days after the first test). The certificates have to be printed or shown on a mobile device to the Megaron staff, who check their validity through the Covid Free GR app. You will also need to present an official ID or passport so that the name can be cross-referenced.
- Children 4-12 years of age (minors) can enter by presenting a self-test declaration from the last 24 hours, signed by either parent regardlesss of custody arrangements, or guardian (the physical presence of parents or guardians is not required).
- Wearing non-surgical face protection masks is mandatory when entering the venue, throughout the performance, and when exiting the venue for both audience and staff.
- The audience is requested to remain seated at the assigned seat throughout the performance except in the case of an emergency.
- Megaron personnel monitors adherence to the protection measures and the audience is required to follow their instructions at all times.
- Antiseptic gels are available for public use at the entrances, the WCs and the bars.
- Bars are open, and their services are fully compliant with all requirements of food and drink preparation and serving during Covid-19.
- There is no intermission.
- There is no coat-check.
- The Megaron air-conditioning systems are completely safe, as they operate on 100% fresh air, and all airways have been cleaned and disinfected, as certified by the Head of Health & Safety Operations.
- Maximum capacity of Megaron Halls has been reduced as follows:
- Christos Lambrakis Hall 1.667 people
- Dimitris Μitropoulos Ηall 388 people
- Alexandra Trianti Ηall 1.295 people
- Nikos Skalkotas Ηall 320 people
- Banqueting Hall 564 people
- Megaron Underground 126 people