Elena Marangou and Tobias Krampen in songs by Mussorgsky, Britten, Brahms, Poulenc, Koukos, Kouroupos, and Baltas. These songs, written in five languages, at different times and places, have something in common: the stories, the dreams, the fears, and the whispers than can be heard in a children’s room. It is the kind of music that haunts the memory of adults; it is the children’s room of each one of us.
– Modest Mussorgsky: The Nursery [Detskaya: Children’s Room]
– Benjamin Britten: A Charm of Lullabies, Op. 41
– Johannes Brahms: From 15 Volkskinderlieder, WoO 31
– Francis Poulenc: Quatre chansons pour enfants, FP 75
– Periklis Koukos; Merlin the Wizard on Poets’ Island (Girl’s song)
– George Couroupos: Six Songs About Mice (Lullaby)
– Alkis Baltas: Six Simple Songs (Lullaby)
Elena Marangou mezzo-soprano
Tobias Krampen piano
Rachmaninoff’s emotionally charged music has always the liveliness and freshness of youth. And when...
Organizer: Megaron Athens Concert HallThursday 07.12.2023, 20:30